Thread for all the non-cyrillic readers :)

Сообщение kid_SA » 25 мар 2008, 11:23

Lynx: I'm not so sure. It might mean that the loosing side just keeps loosing. Also, the only thing that would matter would be winning or loosing, so the fighters would have no incentive to actually help a certain bomber mission. They might target bombers more often, but help their own bombers? Maybe, maybe not. I still think we need more code, giving us some kind of effect between "nothing" and "map ends". That would just make it so much more fun! Actually hitting a supply point with a large group of 6 bombers would mean something!

Another thing: the tanks are very finicky. When two columns face each other, and fighters protect the tanks and the friendly bombers who go out and completely decimate the enemy column... the map might not advance. Too often, I see the next map with 2 new columns in exactly the same position. So why should anyone bother then?
kid_SA
Школота
Школота

Have thanks: 0 time

Сообщение Russian » 25 мар 2008, 13:49

Just reinforcements come in time. Dont take it all close to heart.
Russian
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение LynX__SPb » 25 мар 2008, 14:54

kid_SA писал(а):Lynx: I'm not so sure. It might mean that the loosing side just keeps loosing.

Losing side would lose again if fighters dont change dogfight tactic to cooperation with friendly bombers. And in organized bomber-fighter team quality of planes doesnt matter.

Cooperation>quality of planes. Low quality of fighters will force fighters to cover bombers IMHO.

And if you dont cover own ground pounders you should not win the map.
LynX__SPb
Школота
Школота

Сообщение Al_Gore » 25 мар 2008, 16:27

LynX__SPb писал(а):And IMHO the easiest way to do this, is to cancel main planesets for side which lose the map, only one procedure must be added to process the database after current map ends.

PWNED!

I do not think so ... and tell me any way, how technical progress depends on succession or succession in battle. We could only see opposite direction in this process in our real life. Our unsuccesses force us to emprove something. So your idea is not real. And it was discussed much here and on gennadich.
Al_Gore
Школота
Школота

Сообщение LynX__SPb » 25 мар 2008, 20:09

Al_Gore писал(а):I do not think so ... and tell me any way, how technical progress depends on succession or succession in battle. We could only see opposite direction in this process in our real life. Our unsuccesses force us to emprove something. So your idea is not real. And it was discussed much here and on gennadich.

And discussion will continue until idea would be accepted by more ppl, or shaped into the new more usable form with help of discussion participators! :P

"Our unsuccesses force us to improve something." -- exactly! We must change tactic if we lose -- lend more time to cover ground pounders for example ;) And the only way to do this -- motivate fighters and bombers to cooperate, because currently losing map doesnt mean unsuccess! You lose nothing if you lose map :lol:

Cancelling main planeset have two "pro" -- both easy to implement and effectively stimulating fighter-bomber cooperation (i hope :lol: ).

ADW abandoned by their developers long time ago, and cancelling planesets (maybe only to fighters, coz ground pounders dont deserve such cruel fate :oops: ) for side which lost last map -- its just one DB parcing procedure which change one parameter for some squads after map ends. There is no need "patch" ADW engine in that case.

Slightly more complicated alternative -- losing side will have at the beginning of the next map only 1/3(or 1/2) quantity of main plainset planes -- this will not be "coup de grace" for side which lose the map but stimulate fighter-bomber cooperation. But in that case DB corection involves more complicated procedures...

Side effect of such feature is greatly reducing number of spare "ghost" squads/slots in case of cancelling planesets variant, or stimulating such pack rats to win the map (cooperate with bombers) coz their spare "ghost" squads will have "heavy losses" if they receive only 1/3 of planeset planes in case of map lose.
LynX__SPb
Школота
Школота

Сообщение Al_Gore » 26 мар 2008, 16:36

LynX__SPb писал(а):
"Our unsuccesses force us to improve something." -- exactly! We must change tactic if we lose -- lend more time to cover ground pounders for example ;) And the only way to do this -- motivate fighters and bombers to cooperate, because currently losing map doesnt mean unsuccess! You lose nothing if you lose map :lol:

You didnt tell, how technical progress depends on victories ... Try to answer this, and you will see that your idea is creasy. Look back to a history ... every time loses and lost battles forced sides of conflicts to developed not only tactics but technics and technology too ...
Al_Gore
Школота
Школота

Сообщение LynX__SPb » 27 мар 2008, 14:50

Al_Gore писал(а):You didnt tell, how technical progress depends on victories ... Try to answer this, and you will see that your idea is creasy. Look back to a history ... every time loses and lost battles forced sides of conflicts to developed not only tactics but technics and technology too ...

Tech progress depends of wars regardless of victory or defeat, but after the war ends. During war if you lose battle -- you are in strategic disadvantage, both in resources and initiative.

Creasy покемон :lol:
LynX__SPb
Школота
Школота

Сообщение OLORIN » 27 мар 2008, 23:30

Из 7 постов на странице на английском, 6 написано русскоговорящими :lol:
Да, у нас тут провинция, до сих пор с бабами трахаемся (с) Некто с Питера ;)
OLORIN
Местный
Местный

Have thanks: 2 times

Сообщение RedEye_Miji » 30 мар 2008, 21:18

I see, war is ended, Supply bug was repared ?

Any news about bombing and atackking missions on map situation ?
RedEye_Miji
Школота
Школота

Сообщение LynX__SPb » 31 мар 2008, 16:47

RedEye_Miji писал(а):I see, war is ended, Supply bug was repared ?

All in waiting for Jackman answer -- he is in charge here.

It seems it would be around 1 week before new campaign start. During this pause, probably, heavy bugfixing would be implemented :D

RedEye_Miji писал(а):Any news about bombing and atackking missions on map situation ?

You mean that currently attacking enemy ground targets doesnt affect map situation?
LynX__SPb
Школота
Школота

Сообщение RedEye_Miji » 01 апр 2008, 21:45

LynX__SPb писал(а):It seems it would be around 1 week before new campaign start. During this pause, probably, heavy bugfixing would be implemented :D

great news, thx man
RedEye_Miji
Школота
Школота

Сообщение VGR_j4ck41 » 07 апр 2008, 16:11

Hi gyus, I have got a question about ADW ... during updating, bugfixing etc. of new war will be current databaze of registered squadrons deleted or not? If not: will be any possibility to delete current registration for VGR (fighter squadron, VVS)?

Why? Because of lack of experience with ADW and lots of enthusiasm we registered VGR as one squad for 10 pilots. But during flying and experiencing ADW we decided to regroup our squad into several smaller units - which brings some changes in tags and so on

and another question: can someone post list of available planesets after gathering skill points?

thx
VGR_j4ck41
Школота
Школота

Сообщение LynX__SPb » 08 апр 2008, 18:02

VGR_j4ck41 писал(а):and another question: can someone post list of available planesets after gathering skill points?

Not all planesets can be available after you qualify your squad -- some planesets can be taken by very few number of squads -- first served basis ;)

Basically if you have strong planes in the beginning -- you'll have not so good contemporary planes in Berlin.

But chances what ADW reaches Berlin is very low :D After one side win more than half maps, some not so bright ppl think what campaign is won/lost -- and server is abandoned till the next campaign (IMHO only results of Berlin map can decide outcome of ADW campaign). Therefore "Strong beginning" type of planesets recommended.
LynX__SPb
Школота
Школота

Сообщение OLORIN » 14 апр 2008, 18:23

New War is started! Welcome to East Front :)
Да, у нас тут провинция, до сих пор с бабами трахаемся (с) Некто с Питера ;)
OLORIN
Местный
Местный

Have thanks: 2 times

Сообщение kid_SA » 14 апр 2008, 20:38

I don't know if it's just me, but I can only see the new page in Russian. If I click on the English translation, I get kicked out to the "updating" screen.
kid_SA
Школота
Школота

Пред.След.

Вернуться в ADW English-speaking community