Have thanks: 10 times

Сообщение Blakhart » 01 сен 2011, 16:37

Today,blue team destroyed enemy columns

http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/713/index.html and next of missions

and started to dstry enemy depo and field

http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/716/index.html

http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/717/index.html

etc.
As a result blue columns didnt took any sectors, didnt move forward , no enemy, no anti tank artillery

http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/718/index.html

;[
Blakhart
Новичок
Новичок

Have thanks: 0 time

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 01 сен 2011, 16:50

Check out last few maps. If you take a carefull look, you'll see that columns do move along the route. Yes, they do not move as fast as you want. They have to refuel sometimes, their speed is less when they're closer to the frontline etc etc, but... That is the way it is.
Дьявол кроется в деталях.
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение Blakhart » 01 сен 2011, 17:01

Ok, understand. I m not disappointed, only try to help with testing ADW ;]
Blakhart
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 01 сен 2011, 17:15

Sure, thanks for your input and effort :)
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 02 сен 2011, 12:08

2GvShAD_Jah писал(а):
I./NJG6_HeTzeR писал(а):Its not working with Mg151/20

That's bad. Thanks for info.

Please test again when possible.
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение Blakhart » 03 сен 2011, 00:40

Today in few missions we still had strange generator behaves...at least I felt this.

From mission_12_6_43 to 46 again most of tanks from red columns destroyed, red tanks took sectors...

Reporting missions is useless, lets be honest, most of times on map fly 6-max 10 red players, they are brave wariors and stand against horde of 20-30 blue players sometimes even with succes ocupied by heavy losses.
Respect guys, I m mad when you run to own AAA but I know thats the only way to survive when 5-8 planes is making B&Z over your head.

Nowadays is funnier to take bomber and do sth useful than fly fighter 80%-100% of time without enemy contact wasting only fuel.

Only actions which red side can make in such un fair game is strategic depo bombing to avoid plane casualties and sometimes fast raids on columns before blue players reach own columns.

On most maps red players even dont attack blue columns or made some few destroys, they cant make more because there is not enough players not enough sturm planes.

So...??? Where s the point ? ? ? Why red columns are able to still reach new sectors. I dont get it... If my logic is wrong plz fix it.

I wasnt working with server script I just cant find how and why its happening...

Pe-2 heavily bombed main depo, blue loosed supply on fields, but why red tanks beat blue even when they are in minority ???
Последний раз редактировалось Blakhart 03 сен 2011, 09:47, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Blakhart
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение I./NJG6_HeTzeR » 03 сен 2011, 01:43

Im not sure, but Ive heard a long long time ago, that some Maps are scripted to the original scenario.
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt!

Major Hans-Ullrich Rudel
I./NJG6_HeTzeR
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение I./ZG26-Allons! » 03 сен 2011, 16:05

Almost the same stuff here at http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/765/index.html : the map before 2 tank lines in opposition - red tanks almost destroyed, blue tanks complete, the result is that red advances, all tanks are gone and blue side goes into defence line. And i dont want to ge into a discussion why at once almost all eastern AF are empty and unflyable with blue players having to manually resupply the just the whole darned area. :facepalm:

I will NOT waste my time anymore with any server created maps that obviously are too buggy and simply not understandable. Tank columns should be deleted by the server when they are deleted by the players and under no other circumstance. So until we read in this forum that the matters are fixed i will gladly again participate, so far ADW is a great idea , has great immersion but this way it takes resources and leaves one angry and disappointed.

Best Allons!, a.k.a 4.KG+QL_Adler
I./ZG26-Allons!
Новичок
Новичок

Have thanks: 1 time

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 03 сен 2011, 20:49

Guys, to some point we are here to make fun for everyone who desides to fly ADW. Anyhow, ADW is still full of bugs, mostly original and it is really "take it or leave it". If you're so frustrated, please just go.
I'm not able to fix all the bugs for you at once. I'm not even going to, since I don't owe you anything. Besides, this is a test war. And even if fullscase war noone is going to guarantee that it will be free of bugs.
But if you stay - keep your frustration for yourself or share it with friends in nearest pub with a big glass of beer. Not here, period.

Cheers.
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение I./ZG26-Allons! » 04 сен 2011, 23:38

Hi Jah,

however i will decide at the end, i would like to keep you assured that i appreciate very much all the work that has obviously already been done here. Nobody expects ADW (as any other complex piece of software) to be 100% bug free. As i said, ADW has a big immersion factor that is probably far beyond what people would expect from a 10 years old sim like IL2-classic. What i had to learn for myself was, that giving everything you could give as pilot (virtual lifes for virtual countries) gets wasted by a buggy server. Pls dont misunderstand me, ADW is pretty good as it is, an opportunity to fly IL2-classic in a good international community under hardened conditions and as this i will gladly participate and have my/our fun for 60 minutes and thats it.

As for the rest of your posting:

Do you agree, that server map decisions affect players efforts to influence to outcome of a war? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)
Do you personally think the server decisions are bug-free? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)
Is this the test war? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)
Would you try and solve some problems reported here? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)
Is this the correct thread for announcing problems? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)
Did we posters miss the correct way to announce problems ? (Yes/No/Dont know/dont want wo answer)

If your answers is 5 yes and last no then sorry and teach us.

Best and welcome in Berlin, Allons!
Последний раз редактировалось I./ZG26-Allons! 04 сен 2011, 23:44, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
I./ZG26-Allons!
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 06 сен 2011, 10:41

Unfortunately, your questions could not be answered as simple as yes/no/don't know. I'll try to explain.

1. ADW is not a project, where all players actions directly influence the frontline or even outcome.
Unlike projects like Bellum War, where, for instance, successfull bombing of a city would immediately reduce city's defence radius. The main difference is: wether you are flying or not, the war goes on it's own. It is also not as straightforward as it may seem.
For example you may hit the shit out the red tank column and miss howitzers behind it. Next turn your overhemling attack force would be surely killed (because howitzers outrange tanks alot) and you'll see red anti-tank position, spawned from red tank's ammo. Some of these situations are covered in general and gameplay FAQ's.
Originaly ADW was pretty stiff. You could clean the whole pathway to enemy's HQs and still see your tanks standing still etc etc. We are trying to make ADW more responsive to player's actions by fixing such bugs and, sometimes, tuning the rules. For instance, depots had 50% plus 5 tons unkillable resources. If you ever bombed depots under strong enemy resistance, you could understand what it means to fly 5 missions to close a single depot. We removed that unkillable resources. You may now close the whole depot within one mission. We're constantly working on improving tank's movement.
We do a hard work to make ADW more responsive and fun, but I still have to say, ADW is a war that goes on it's own, ant it will always be.

2. ADW Generator's code that we have got from GT team was not the final version and hence is very buggy. We have fixed ourseves a lot of things since then, but there are still areas in Generator I don't have any clue how they work or how to fix them. One of them is the way it builds supply paths.

3. This is the test war.

4. I'm processing all reports posted in English and Russian parts of forum. What is possible to solve is being solved immediately. For instance, recently Generator was tweaked in order to address issue of http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/map/765/index.html.

5. This is correct thread to report obvious bugs and things that are strange in the way ADW calculates turns. Still, this is wrong place to share your feelings about bugs and things you think are not right. As said above, we process all reports, which mean I would take a corrective action if there is really a problem. With all the respect I can fix the code of ADW, but I am not a doctor to make you feel better.

6. Frankly saying, most of the time, yes. When reporting a problem with a frontline it is very useful to have a sector name, amount of vehicles destroyed and links to sorties of pilots participated in target sector (at least of those attacking ground targets).

WBR
Последний раз редактировалось 2GvShAD_Jah 06 сен 2011, 17:07, всего редактировалось 3 раз(а).
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Сообщение Blakhart » 06 сен 2011, 16:19

Jah, now we have clear situation. Thx for answers, I think you should add this post to FAQ. Its very important for players to understand why things happen. They will have another point of view and wont feel bad/frustrate according to actions in server.

Everyone respect your and rest of admins work, as you can see we have a lot of questions, problems but still participate,we dont give up.

Because ADW is one and only in IL-2 world, and conditions of air fight are closest to realistic compare to other IL-2 servers.

Caus this war is the best in our IL-2 world.

I think this isnt only my opinion.

P.S.
Produce more red players ;D , at sunday there was a lot of fun when numbers was almost equal ;]
Blakhart
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение I./ZG26-Allons! » 08 сен 2011, 22:00

Yep, thanks Jah, and i think as well you should post these answers in a FAQ. It makes things clearer and after all im happy to have ranted this way because now we all know better.

If you need help for things like FAQ´s and stuff, feel free to ask, Best, Allons!
I./ZG26-Allons!
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение 2GvShAD_Jah » 08 сен 2011, 22:32

Thanks, guys. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Regarding to the last crash I have to ask those who were on the server: please tell me what you've been doing. I took DB and the dump of the war but the bug could not be reproduced here. I'm interested to know about 12 7 10. I see few column attacks, some depot bombing, but the log unfortunately does not tell where these events happened.
2GvShAD_Jah
Путешественник
Путешественник

Пред.След.

Вернуться в ADW English-speaking community